I can't believe I ate the whole thing...

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

...and now I'm feeling uncomfortable...

Darn overstuffed feeling accompanied by heartburn...
So, while I'm excited about this new job (as many have told me, I'm a developer at heart, and it'll be hard to get away from it), I can't help but feel like I'm letting people down. I think about the faculty here that have invested into me in one way or another. I think about my responsabilities to the college, and can't help but feel like I'm leaving with unfinished business. I feel especially like I'm letting J.V. down, for some crazy reason, as well as D.N., since he brought me in the middle of the year and gave me my massive financial aid, along with the recommendations to keep me in school. Lastly, I think about the one or two kids that I could have actually touched and made a difference in their lives.
On the other hand, I can't deny the fact that I have dreaded the classroom ever since the first few observations, and I like the idea of choosing my own hours and creating software for such a worthy cause. If I think about the massive number of lives I could help improve by creating this software, it makes me feel better. Maybe that's my antacid...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home